Yesterday (Thursday) I had my 25th birthday - one quarter of a century!!
I began the day with a little bit of work after my parents, Sandra and Trond called at 7 in the morning am (which was just midnight in Europe) to congratulate :-D They did not wake me up though - here in Japan the sun is up already a little bit past six and sunrise is really quick!!
Around noon, Elisabeth and the girls came to the office and we all went to their favorite restaurant "Jonatan's" to eat lunch and have a nice birthday cake! I even got a japanese birthday card and presents from them :D The girls had handmade cute easter chickens which I can hang up in the office , and I got lavender room-perfume :D Funny, because when I was in Oslo I always wanted to get some for my new flat but never had the time ;-) I already told Jøran I would use it in our office - but I think I will take it home to Oslo and use it there in stead, probably to Jørans relief :p


After a great lunch and a lot of desert we went to the girls favorite place - the zoo which is just a fifteen minute walk from the institute and across the street from Jonatan's. They had penguins, giraffes, bears, flamingos, seals, ... and whatever animal you can think of. I liked the polar bears playing in the water particularly good :-)

And on a nice warm springday - what is better than going for a boat trip in a pink flamingo pedal boat?! The girls just loved it! Inger Johanne was a good captain, while Emilie really got us going by paddeling like a World Champion! 30 minutes on the lake was a good exercise and burned at least some of the cake-calories ;-)


The zoo has a botanical garden as well, with some really beautiful flowers. Jøran took a nice Birthday picture of me surrounded by a lot of flowers :-) Finally, we went to a petting zoo where we could hold bunnies and small easter chicken :-) I had a really great time and a fantastic birthday in the zoo with Jøran, Elisabeth, Emilie and Inger Johanne!



After the zoo trip I went to the office to give my granny a call - and check my email before I went for a Grils night out to Sakae (Nagoya Downtown) with Elisabeth.
I did get one mail saying "Since you are in Japan..." with a power point presentation from Ellen. I opened the presentation and was REALLY surprised :D :D
Ellen andEspen had been to my new flat in Oslo and fixed all the things that I did not have time to take care of before I went to Japan!!!!! They removed one cabelbox from behind my bed which was just too thick so that I could not open the last 2 cm of my wall closet, fixed the tree plate off my fully integrated dishwasher and hid all the cables coming from my tv so that they won't look as ugly anymore! I just could not stop smiling as I watched the presentation - I really had never expected that birthdaypresent!! What a great surprise! Thank you so much, you're the best :D
You can watch the presentation here (it is GREAT :D):
Stay tune for part two... as Elisabeth and I went downtown Nagoya and got to know some japanese... :D
No comments:
Post a Comment